TERMS & CONDITIONS | 2018 AUSTRALIAN ALLIED HEALTH AWARDS
“AAHA” refers to Australian Allied Health Awards & their organisers.
“AHVC” refers to Allied Health Virtual Conference & their organisers, which are responsible for the organisation of the Australian Allied Health Awards.
“AHP” refers to Allied Health Professional.
“Nomination Form” refers to the AAHA Nomination Form available for download or review on the website www.alliedhealthawards.com.au
“Consent Form” refers to the AAHA Nomination Consent Form available for download or review on the website www.alliedhealthawards.com.au
“Reference Form” refers to the AAHA Reference Form available for download or review on the website www.alliedhealthawards.com.au
“Virtual Goodie Bag” refers to the collection of promotional flyers, graphics, coupons, templates, checklists provided by AAHA, AHVC and any other related business or organisation that may be involved or sponsoring the AAHA or AHVC.
“Selection Panel Member” refers to the group of individuals selected to assess the nomination applications against the identified selection criteria.
“Selection Panel Member Agreement Form” refers to the AAHA Selection Panel Member Agreement form available for download or review on the website www.alliedhealthawards.com.au.
- Nominees or applicants must meet all eligibility criteria. Each nominee or applicant must:
- A) be currently registered to practice through AHP or their national association/body and must provide their registration number;
- have practiced either clinically or non-clinically for a minimum of 6 months in the last 12 months and must provide evidence of such, if required (eg an employer statement, invoices or personal records); and
- be an Australian residents or Australian registered organisation.
Consent to participate
By signing the consent form, the nominee acknowledges and agrees that:
- they have read and understood these Terms & Conditions in their entirety.=;
- all information contained within the Nomination Form, including all forms and supporting documents and materials, are true and correct and have been completed with honesty and integrity; and.
- I=if nominated as a finalist or winner, they
- a) are available for publicity opportunities, which may include advertising features and interviews with in-house or external print, digital or TV media;
- b) grant AAHA or AHVC a non-exclusive perpetual, royalty free licence to use their names, images, titles, achievements, and voices (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same). .
- AAHAwill always take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is handled in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) when handling all personal information provided for nomination application purposes.
- AAHA will collect the personal information outlined in the Nomination Form, Consent Form and Reference Form, from either the individual nominee or organisation’s representative, their nominated reference or their professional client. Please notify the AAHAby email at firstname.lastname@example.org if the information is incorrect and requires updating. If this information is not provided, the application for nomination cannot be accepted.
- Personal information is collected to assess eligibility for an award, aid the selection process for the Selector Panel Members and for statistical analysis in relation to future planning and marketing needs of AAHA and AHVC. AAHA may also use this information to maintain an ongoing relationship with nominees, finalists and winners.
- By completing the Nomination Form, Consent Form and Reference Form, all nominees and referees, acknowledge and consent to AAHA, disclosing their personal information to the following persons and organisations as required; AAHA, the Selector Panel Members, and the event and program contractors performing services on behalf of AAHA and AHVC.
- By completing the Nomination Form and Consent Form all nominees consent to AAHA and AHVC publishing their personal details, achievements and images in both digital and print media. The nominee grants AAHA and AHVC a non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual licence to use such information and images as they see fit, for promotional and marketing purposes.
- AAHA and AHVC will not use or disclose any personal information collected for any other purpose unless permitted by the Privacy Act.
- Nomination is free of charge.
- All submitted Nomination Forms, Consent Forms and Reference Forms and all they contain including nominee biography and achievement details, must be true, correct and completed with honesty and integrity.
- All nomination applications must be received by Saturday 1st September 2018 5pm (AEST). Applications received after this time will not be accepted.
- All submitted nominations applications, supporting materials and all forms received, remain the property of AAHA and AHVC and will not be returned.
- Once the nomination applications have been received, the selection process remains confidential amongst the AAHA and AHVC and the Selection Panel Members, until the winners are announced at the awards ceremony.
- The nominees that achieve finalist status, will be communicated with via email and will be required to provide a completed Reference Form and appropriate headshot image, in order for the AAHA to continue to progress their application to the final stage. If they do not provide these requirements, their nomination application may not be considered for the awards process.
- Nomination applications can be for multiple categories and only one application is required, however, each category applied for must be clearly identified on the Nomination Form.
- Self nomination
- Individuals are invited to self-nominate and must complete the Nomination Form, including the Consent Form in its entirety.
- Colleague nomination
- Individuals undertaking the nomination process must know the nominee in a professional capacity, must not be a family member or related to the nominee, in any way.
- Nominees must still provide a signed Consent Form, indicating they are aware and agreeable to the nomination process, have read through and understand the Terms & Conditions and consent in full to this process.
- Client nomination
- No clients or service consumers must be asked, coerced or encouraged to nominate any health professional in any way.
- Nomination Forms and nomination information packs may be made available to clients or consumers for informational purposes only, but they must not receive any assistance from their nominated health professional to complete the application in any way.
- Nominees must still provide a signed Consent Form, indicating they are eligible to receive the award and agreeable to the nomination process, have read through and understand the Terms & Conditions and consent in full to this process.
- Each award category will be allocated to several Selection Panel Members and each application will be independently scored and reviewed by the SelectionPanel Members, according to the same selection criteria.
- Each selection criteria will be scored out of a possible 25 points, with there being 6 selection criteria, resulting in a maximum possible score of 150 per application. The criteria are;
- Promotion and contribution to their profession;
- Collaboration within the Allied Health community;
- Impact and innovation over the last 12 months;
- Client centred, evidence based service delivery;
- Leadership and/or integrity; and
- Quality, safety and ethics in their practice.
- Finalists and winners will be advised in writing, via email, and published via the website at alliedhealthawards.com.au
- Both finalists and winners will be published within 24 hours of announcement and will remain on the website.
- All decisions made regarding the selection process in identifying both finalists and winners are final and discussions will not be entered into.
Selector Panel Members
- Selector Panel Members will be a number of of individuals carefully selected to represent the wider health community. Individual Selector Panel Members may include, but are not limited to, AAHA and AHVCpersonnel, AHPs, business representatives, health organisations and association representatives, academics and health leaders.
- Individuals will be personally invited to join the selector panel for this AAHA process.
- Individuals agreeable to join the selector panel, must sign the Selector Panel Member Agreement Form and read and understand these Terms & Conditions in their entirety.
- All Selection Panel Members agree to declare any relationship, professional or otherwise with any nominee given to them for assessment against the selection criteria. In such a circumstance, that individual Selection Panel Member agrees advise the AAHA so they may allocate a replacement Selection Panel Member for the nomination assessment.
- All finalists are invited to attend the presentation ceremony and must advise AAHAif they are to attend the awards presentation event prior to the day.
- Each category winner will be announced and presented at the AAHA presentation ceremony. After this time, all category winners will be published online and in print via the Allied Magazine.
- It is expected the AAHA presentation ceremony will be held in November (date to be confirmed) in a venue in Brisbane, in addition to virtually, however this will be determined by attendance and sponsorship interest. Details of the awards presentation will be announced closer to the time of the event, including date, time and ticket pricing.
- Should AAHA receive only one nomination application in a particular category, that nominee will be deemed the winner within the category applied.
- Should AAHA received five or less nomination applications for a particular category, each application will become a finalist for that particular category.
- Should AAHA receive nil nominations for a particular category within the advertised time frames, that category will be closed for this year and will not be included in this year’s awards event.
- A cash payment of $500 will be deposited into the nominated bank account of all winners within 60 days. If bank account details are not provided to the AAHA within 30 days, winners will forfeit any prize monies.
- All finalists will receive a certificate of achievement via email.
- All winners will receive a certificate of achievement in person if they attend the presentation and/or via email, in addition to the promotional image logo.
- All nominees will also gain access via email, to our Virtual ‘Goodie Bag’ full of freebies, deals & coupons. The value and content of the Goodie Bag are unknown and organisers unable to provide details until the event has concluded. The provision of such a Goodie Bag is in addition to the prize offered to each category winner.